Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 3501i

Narmi2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

Its my first post and I hope you will be able to assist me with my problem.

I am setting up a wireless lan in a samll firm. We have already bought Cisco Aironet 3501i Access point and ASA 5510. Now

First I want to configure the Access point but according to the info on the Cisco web site I will need the Cisco Wireless Controller

for that. Not able to find any info. So my questioin is "Is it possible to configure Aironet 3501i like any other wireless router" or we

need a Cisco Wireless Controller in any case? Secondly we are not using any switch or router at this moments atleast. Simply want

to connect modem to to ASA and then Access point.

Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Imran

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently, the 3502, is only a CUWN based AP, so it needs a WLC to work.  you could use a 1262 or 1142 in place of the 3502.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

*cough* 1140 code will work on a 3500. In fact, Cisco Advance Services use 3500 with 1140 code when they survey *cough*

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

1262 code...but i don't like to go that route, as if there are issues, TAC may compalin...I've not heard an official on supporting the 3502 with an IOS code.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Narmi2000
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys very much. I really appreciate your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card