cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP3802 Doesnt Show 802.1x SSID

mehmetboyaci
Level 5
Level 5

Hi , we replaced current AP's 1602-2602 to 3802 with WLC 5520. We are using 802.1x authentication with WEP. After replacing AP's new 3802 doesnt show this SSID which we use with 802.1x . After I changing authentication type to WPA-AES 802.1x , I can see SSID. I find some topics TKIP is not supported by 3802 its okay but I didnt see any bug etc. about 802.1x , any recommendation?

8 Replies 8

Stay away from WEP. Use WPA2/AES

Rasika

Are you saying it won't work with WEP?

ataro
Level 1
Level 1
The same symptom appears in the AP 1800.
Is this a specification?
(WLC5520 Version8.5 & AP185X)

Based on the Wireless Compatibility Matrix you are safe from a Code Rev, AP, and WLC perspective. 

Do you have AP groups defined ? 

Is it feasible that the SSID in question has not been assigned to the appropriate AP group ? 

Sorry, I have to ask is it possible that the on the WLAN tab the SSID in question is not enabled and or not being broadcast ? 

Can you see this SSID from any APs in your environment ? 

HTH, 

Will Kuczmera 

>Will Kuczmera 

Thanks for Reply.

>Compatibility

Yes.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

・WLC5520:8.5.135

・AP185X:15.3(3)JF8(from WLC Deploy)

>AP Group

Yes.

The AP is participating in the Group.
SSID has Broadcast.
Other SSIDs are visible.
Only the SSID of "802.1X + WEP" can not be seen....
(From NotePC or inssider)

>Other AP

The two APs are in the same situation.

I have the same problem. Migrating a customer from a 2504 controller which historically had 802.1x authentication configured as Layer 2 Security

Under Layer 2 > Layer 2 Security dropdown menu > 802.1X

802.11 data encryption WEP 104 bits.

This SSID works fine on the 2504 controller running version 8.5.131.0 and the SSID is visible.

With the exact same configuration on the new 3504 running 8.5.140.0, the SSID is not broadcasted.

Any help would be appreciated because this is going into production next week, and rolling out a new SSID and GPO will be a challenge...

I'm not entirely sure, but it might be unsupported on the x800 platform with 8.5 code:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn85mr5.html#ap-wave2

Anyway, as WEP offers no protection at all, better move to unencrypted Open or WPA2+802.1x (the latter is recommended). Even worse, you might use domain credentials over WEP, which everybody can simply capture and abuse.

ammahend
VIP
VIP

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn82mr1.html#pgfId-1480368

Table 12 Features Not Supported on Cisco Aironet 1810 OEAP, 1810W, 1830, 1850, 2800 and 3800 Series APs

Security

• Encryption

Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP)

• Locally Significant Certificate (LSC)
  • TrustSec SXP
  • Dynamic WEP
  • Static WEP key for TKIP or CKIP 6

-hope this helps-
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card