cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FlexConnect 7510 won't boot to backup image, stuck on "cisco bootloader loading stage2"

Matt Smeltzer
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco FlexConnect 7510 won't boot to backup image. Yesterday I uploaded 8.1.102.0 to our master controller and restarted it when evertyhing was complete, the controller did not restart into 8.1.102.0 it is stuck on the screen that says "cisco bootloader loading stage2" I have hard reset the box with the power button and tried a couple of times. I have looked at the documentation to break the boot with the "ESC" key but that isn't doing anything for me either, changed keyboards even, comes to the white cisco screen F2 for Setup / F12 for Boot menu etc, but I am not able to use the keyboard to break into this sequence. I have my slave controller running 8.0.110.0 right now as it failed over and took controll when the master went for the restart. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
"cisco bootloader loading stage2"

This happens when you connect a computer monitor directly to the WLC.  If you connected into the WLC using the console port, you shouldn't be seeing this.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
"cisco bootloader loading stage2"

This happens when you connect a computer monitor directly to the WLC.  If you connected into the WLC using the console port, you shouldn't be seeing this.

Thanks Leo, it's been a year or so since had to do this, as soon as I saw your post that sparked my memory! Thanks very much! Matt

Thanks for the ratings, Matt. 

I just got a brand new 8540 a few days ago and made the same "mistake" of plugging the monitor directly to the controller.  I did this because I has to rebuild a 3355 and it worked fine with this setup.  

Hi Leo,

I am using WLC C8540 and fired it up for the first time.

The VGA port at the controller is covered by a patch already.

Hence I am using multiport console for the same and getting this error.

"Cisco Bootloader Loading stage2..." its stuck here.

any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Vimal

I've got the same problem . How did you resolve your issue ?

I am currently having the same issue with a flex7510, can't find the boot image and on console it is stuck to a black screen. Please help.

Wireless_Guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 
Today I had done the CIMC upgrade and have got the same message " Cisco bootloader loading stage 2".   This message is actually normal and doesn't represent the firmware is loading. 

After I mapped the IOS file and rebooted ,this would show the Cisco UCS Host Upgrade utility.  Afterwards it was showing me the above message . Just exit and login back to CIMC GUI and goto Admin > Firmware and proceed with Update option.  This should work :) And I was connected through the console as well. 

Thanks,,
Wireless_Guy

I have the same problem.
Need to update both BMC and BIOS??

Firmware.png

Hello Snike

i have same problem

did you solve it

No I didn't solve it...

@Wireless_Guy, I am having the same issue you were having a few years ago, are you able to help? it can't find the boot image and stuck to a black screen. I am getting the same message when connected a monitor to it. I have no bootup disk or USB.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card