Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobility Express setup problems

FabianK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I recently bought a aironet 1815i air-ap1815i-e-k9c. I made sure it receives enough power and it boots up nice.

I can connect to the CiscoAirProvision SSID and input my settings but after this the AP reboots and stays in the join/ discovery mode (LED blinks red, amber,green) it has been doing this for a long time 30+ minutes. I tried restring to factory settings but still the same result. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks in advanced. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I mentioned that i made sure it is not a power issue i use a AIR-PWRINJ6= PoE injector.
I turned out to be a ip issue. I set a static ip in my router for the ap but i set the same ip as management ip.
After changing the ip in my router it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Edwin Portillo
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @FabianK 

The user manual was reviewed, there are some considerations that must be taken into account for the operation, no doubt according to the color code indicates that it is a General warning; insufficient inline power, since this device is made to work like this:

AP1.PNG

See the following:

Ap2.PNG

link: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1815/quick/guide/ap1815igetstart.pdf

I mentioned that i made sure it is not a power issue i use a AIR-PWRINJ6= PoE injector.
I turned out to be a ip issue. I set a static ip in my router for the ap but i set the same ip as management ip.
After changing the ip in my router it worked.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card