Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MSE CMX dashboard

Chemist2k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some problem with CMX dashboard configuration, I followed the configuration guide (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/7-6/CMX_Dashboard/Guide/Cisco_CMX_Dashboard_Config_Guide.html) and can't understand, how do I add a map to CMX dashboard to define points of interest, all I can see is only gray screen with button "Update Floors Maps" and when I press it - nothing happens. However CMX analytic works just fine, and maps fully syncronized with cisco Prime

8 Replies 8

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

refer this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/3350/7-5/Mobile_Billboard/Guide/bbx_config_guide/Points_of_Interest_Management.html

"The maps and location data for the campus, building, or floor are uploaded to the Prime Infrastructure and synchronized with the Location MSE. The CMX Dashboard displays these maps."

Well, it doesn't, I don't see any maps which I created in cisco Prime and syncronized with MSE

"Click the white triangular icon in the right pane located at the left side of System Campus."

There is no System Campus when I click on white triangle

what is the Prime and MSE version you are using . Also check CSCul58730

Prime 2.1.0.0.87

MSE 7.6.120.0

I checked CSCul58730 bug, but there is no information about my problem, it's about tracking clients, i don't have any problems with that, MSE tracks clients perfectly well and shows them on maps in Prime

I also noticed when I try to configure Connect and Engage Service in Cisco MSE i get this error on Prime:

Permission Denied 
You do not have enough permissions to perform this operation.

I'm seeing the exact same thing.

Same Prime & MSE versions.

Found the solution, have to log in to Prime with higher privileges (possibly as high as root) to access the "Connect and Engage Service" as well as "Proxy Service" 

Once they were properly configured, then the maps and points of interest started working properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: