Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure - Access Point power level 0

Hello Team,

We are unable to manually change the power level of an AP on Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.

We see on the prime that the power level is 0 (on the Cisco WLC, the power level is correct). See screenshot attached. Capture1.PNG

Whenever we try to change the power level of the AP in Prime, we receive the following error :

Error:Value for ''Previous Power Level'' is less than minimum allowed value ''1''
Error(s): You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Does anyone has an idea? Is this related to a bug in Prime Infrastructure?
We know we can change the power level in the WLC also but our customer wants to do this via Prime.

The WLC is an AIR-CT5508-K9 with version 8.2.164.0 and the AP model is AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yasim

4 Replies 4

Vengatesa Prasath
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How many AP's have this issue? 

For testing purpose try the below workaround on any one AP: 

Making an adjustment to the power level from the controller and re-synchronizing would move the current power level to the previous power level field correcting the issue. Then you can try changing the power level from PrimeInfra. 

******* Please rate Useful post************

Hello Prasath,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It seems that it works after I change it on the WLC and then afterwards back on the Cisco Prime Infrastructure. I do not encounter this issue anymore on this AP.

I haven't seen this yet on our other AP's, but will do this if I encounter it again. Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Yasim

Glad that it worked ..

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I think you're affected by this:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html#SNMPproblem
Also make sure you have installed the PI patches, in PI 3.2 a patch fixed such an issue.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card