cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco prime infrastructure email notification problems.

Ahmed Ayaad
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i have a problem with Cisco prime infrastructure 2.2 (CPI) is that send huge number of email notifications for switches ports (Down or Up).

When i edit configuration of switches & switches and hubs from severity critical to severity minor actually the email notification stopped but by this, lose the email notification for switches that will be down.

So how to change severity of interfaces status (down & up ) from critical to minor or how stopped such this email notification for interfaces status with severity critical for switches & switches and hubs.

Waiting your feedback please.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ahmed,

I think what you are seeing is related to this bug;

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut10211

Prime Infrastructure "Link Down" event for Switch Category
CSCut10211
Symptom:
Notifications for interface down events are sent as part of Prime Infrastructure's switch down event. Some customers are expecting only switch down events in those notifications.

Conditions:
Out of the box

Workaround:
None

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ahmed,

I think what you are seeing is related to this bug;

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut10211

Prime Infrastructure "Link Down" event for Switch Category
CSCut10211
Symptom:
Notifications for interface down events are sent as part of Prime Infrastructure's switch down event. Some customers are expecting only switch down events in those notifications.

Conditions:
Out of the box

Workaround:
None
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card