Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime NCS disables radios

CSCO11167812
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

When I change an IP address of an access-point with NCS, then the radios are disabled.

Configuring directly on the controller keeps the radios on.

Cisco Prime NCS  Version : 1.1.1.24

WLC 5508 Version 7.0.240.0

AIR-CAP3502E-E-K9

Does anyone recognise this behaviour.

Thanks in advanced

Michel

4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Michel,

What are the steps you take to change the IP from the NCS?

After the radios are disable, you can enable them from the NCS again?

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hello Amjed,

These are the steps I follow:

In the search field in de right upper corner I fill in the name of the access-point.

Then I get a pop up, there I click on the link "view list" of the column configuration.

I choose the access-point and after changing the IP address I save the configuration.

After that I know that I have to enable the radios again. But this is very inconvenient because it can happen that someone forget to enable radios again.

As far as I can recall this behaviour occured after the update of the controller from 7.0.220.0 to 7.0.240.0.

Regards,

Michel

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You try changing the IP from the WLC GUI? Do you experience the same results? I change the IP address of access points from the WLC cli and from the GUI. Cli is my preference and I never use NCS to do something like that. That's just my opinion though. As you can see, there are problems doing it through NCS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scott,

Changing the IP address from the WLC using the GUI or CLI is no problem, the radios keep up.

I also prefer CLI above GUI, but NCS is for persons who are not familair with CLI.

And as I earlier mentioned, I recall that with another version this problem didn't occured. Downgrading isn't an option.

Regards,

Michel

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card