cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime TFTP Server Question

Andrew McNatt
Level 1
Level 1

Our organization recently installed Cisco Prime 1.3 on a Linux box.  I am used to using the older WCS which also had a built in TFTP server.  The old WCS was installed on a Windows Box and thus I was able to navigate to the TFTP server using Windows Explorer and the UNC path.  However, I cannot seem to access the TFTP server on the new Prime 1.3 server via that method.  I have verified that the TFTP and FTP servers are both enabled in Prime server settings and I have also verified that I can access the FTP port via a PC on the network and that the WLCs on the network are sucessfully backing up to the Prime TFTP server each night. 

How can I access the TFTP server to retrieve these WLC backups if needed?  

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to enable root access.  then you can scp the files out of the directory easily enough.

from cli

root_enable

follow prompts

root

psswd - set password

should be abel to ssh as root at that point, if you can want to say it's /localdisk/tftp, or just ls /localdisk

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info. 

I tried SSH to the Prime Server using username root and our root  password but I keep getting access denied error.  I have verified that I  can logon to the web gui with the same root username and password.  Is  there a seperate root password for the CLI?

Thanks

Yes.

To gain access to the root from CLI, you need to follow the procedure I outlined to enable it.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Yes Stephen is right you have to enable root access on cisco PI. Then you acn be able to test the TFTP Setting. For more information you can go this url

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.3/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg_1_3.html

Hi, I have a similar situation.

Is CLI of prime accessible only using the root username and password setup during installation?

Can someone help with the process to copy config backup files from Prime tftp to a different machine

Also, how can i load files like the WLC firmwares onto the prime tftp to perform WLC firmware upgrades? Should I use another tftp/ftp to perform firmware upgrades?

Thanks

Jino

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card