Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WiMax products and solutions

ANGELO DE MASI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I should need to provide a technical solution to our customer who asks for a WiMax solution to build a wireless campus between a train and  rail station along the railway and also under a tunnel. I am having a look to Cisco solutions but I have some difficult to find the right product suited for custome needs.

For example I didn't undestand yet which product Cisco provides for Subscriber unit, in my case the train. More over I read that as ASN Cisco suggests ASR5000 router, is it correct? I think that it's good for Service Provider but I think it is too much dimensioned for my applicationis, so I'd like to know if  there is other appliances more suited for my application ?

Any help and advices wil be very appreaciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

angelo

1 Reply 1

Serge Yasmine
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Angelo,

I'm a TAC guy and usually we redirect our partners/customer to the Cisco Sales Team who in turn can bridge you over with some other parties inside Cisco to get the most out of the discussions. If you haven't tried that channel yet, I advise you to do. Just contact your Account Manager.

And sure, if other people on this forum can help you out, that will be great as well.

Thanks

Serge

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card