Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless LAN controller 5520

manzeel
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All, 

Need your feedback regarding cisco wireless  lan controller 5520

Do we need to upload cisco boot image for cisco wlc 5520 controller in UCS Server..I am able to login to Cisco Intergrated Management controller but after that server goes to message in console saying "Cisco Bootloader Loading Stage 2..."

Need your input in this.

Thanks In Advance

22 Replies 22

Dear Scot,

In  my deployment Scenario,5520 Management and Ap-Manager Interface are same, when i  tried to used External Authentication Server like Radius Server to map with my Management Interface,  Wireless users are not authenticated and in WLC log shows that radius server did not accept  any request. But when i map with Service ip than users get authenticated. Since Service is not in production i cannot use that interface for mapping with radius server. So please suggest what i am doing mistakes here and also radius server is out of reach and access for which i cannot see the logs what is logged over radius server.

Radius by default uses the management interface. The service port address should not be routable and not have connectivity to the management port. On the wlan, there is a radius override in which you can specify the interface for radius:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_01100101.html

You shouldn't have to change this but make sure it's not pointing to your service port. 

Also note, if it's working with the service port, that means the radius server aaa client for the controller has the service port address in which it should be the management address.  Have your radius support team make sure the aaa client is defined using the management ip.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

Hello Scott,
Hope ur doing good.
i need your input in my following issues:
Recently i have upgraded my WLC firmware from 8.1.120 to 8.2.141.  Due Existing Security Measures places in in my Premises, AP are not able to discover WLC through DHCP or through DNS for which need to point respective WLC from all AP though CLI.  Before Upgrade I am able to access Cisco AP from Console but after Upgrade I am not able to access AP through CLI.  I even downgraded to its original firmware, but issue remains the same.
  1. I performed factory reset of individual AP though WLC for which AP has been successfully reset to its factory default. However, I am not able to access AP through CLI. After reboot it immediately goes to discovery mode and does not provide prompt to enter AP through CLI. I waited around 45min in which I am not able to access AP.
  2. As per my organization policies of assigning Static IP to individual AP, I Successfully configured static IP from WLC. Through AP Console I am not able to reach its gateway and find arp as well as of WLC Management IP. However, I am able to reach from laptop from same Switch Port. More Over AP takes around 40-50 min to reach WLC and gateway through static assigned IP Address which is very lengthy than its standard time for which we may not be sure it will work or not.
  3. For most of the AP i have statically pointed to WLC from respective AP CLI, which was working fine for some period of time. Due to some reasons i need to reboot my AP. After that my ap got disconnected from wlc and after 2-3 hrs they get connected.

Yeah had that to. Login to CIMC and change the FAN profile from highest to Balanced. This is hidden under Compute (click the left top icon to open the menu in CIMC) - Power Policies - Fan Policy. Afterwards the server should be considerable less noisy. Please note, I don't know if this is actually supported by Cisco. My WLCs are in cooled data centers and there it is no problem for me.

Hi

I would like to know how you solved the "cisco bootloader loading stage 2" problem.

I am trying to enter by KVM and it throws me this message

Thanks

That message appears when the controller is up. KVM is used to upgrade the CIMC for example in which you need to map an iso to the cd\dvd drive and then issue a warm boot. All the CIMC configuration can be performed on the UI the KVM is to get serial access when you boot into F2 or F6 for example.
-Scott

Here is what I'm talking about. I'm assuming this is what you are seeing?
-Scott

Wireless_Guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 
Today I had done the CIMC upgrade and have got the same message " Cisco bootloader loading stage 2".   This message is actually normal and doesn't represent the firmware is loading. 

After I mapped the IOS file and rebooted ,this would show the Cisco UCS Host Upgrade utility.  Afterwards it was showing me the above message . Just exit and login back to CIMC GUI and goto Admin > Firmware and proceed with Update option.  This should work :) And I was connected through the console as well. 

Thanks,,
Wireless_Guy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card