Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco wireless LAN Controller on vmware vsphere 5.5

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi, All

I am trying to setup a demo environment with vsphere 5.5 and AIR-CTVM-7-6-110-0.ova. I imported OVA file into vsphere without issue and virtual machine started and rebooted automatically as showing in document.

However once it started reboot, I have to manually press any key to make it boot from kernel and then it stuck(showing in screenshot). It does show controller crashed but how to fix it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

/S

3 Replies 3

Martin Bosch
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running any other Vm's on the host server?

Are they working? Did you enable your BIOS to support VM?

Then with regards to the install make sure you follow the guide as it can get tricky.

I forgot to add Promiscuous personally. Make double check you Network Backing. I am not running a VM anymore - just recalling where I had issues.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/virtual-wireless-controller/113677-virtual-wlan-dg-00.html

The host is running other vm and they all working except the vWLC.

I downloaded a OVA for 7.4 and it is running now...I guess cisco forgot to properly update 7.6 for vsphere 5.5 :)

thanks for the update - will keep that in mind when I setup my lab.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: