cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 2504: can an AP serve a FlexConnect WLAN and another non-FlexConnect WLAN at the same time?

Sam Brynes
Level 1
Level 1

In all Cisco documentation, I've seen FlexConnect referred to as a per-AP feature (instead of per WLAN). Can I have an AP serve both WLANs that have the "FlexConnect Local Switching" on and off (under the Advanced tab)? I'm using a Cisco WLC 2504 controller.

4 Replies 4

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can have one WLAN with local switching and one with central switching off the same AP. The AP will need to be in Felexconnect mode to do it though.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks. And if the AP loses its connection to the WLC, will it only affect the WLAN that has "FlexConnect local switcing" enabled?

if the AP loses connection to the WLC, the centrally switched WLAN will stop working. The local switched on will go into standalone mode.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Just beware of https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvk66463 which is fixed in 8.8(111.0) and later - WPA2-PSK doesn't work in standalone mode due to this bug. I believe it affects all the Wave 2 ClickOS APs 18xx, 28xx, 38xx
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card