Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 7.5 Anchor w/Bonjour/Airplay AppleTV

raun.williams
Level 3
Level 3

Good Morning everyone,

I'm trying to get a 5508 (foreign) and a 2504 (anchor) on 7.5 to work with AirPlay.   It's a single SSID/subnet, nothing to fancy other then the anchor.  The anchor is providing the wlan for internet access, while the clients (ipad mini and appletv) are connected via wireless on ap off of the foreign controller.

In mDNS, I can see the Apple-TV.local. being advertised on the foreign controller, but the Ipad does not pick it up.

Anchor/DMZ Controller WLAN Config:

Very basic: wpa2-psk, AVC Profile, WMM, Bronze QoS, Aironet IE, mDNS Snooping ON, mDNS Profile default-mdns-profile.

Interface set for mDNS Profile default-mdns-profile

Foreign Controller WLAN Config

Very basic: wpa2-psk, AVC Profile, WMM, Bronze QoS, Aironet IE, mDNS Snooping ON, mDNS Profile default-mdns-profile. (tried with this off on foreign)

Interface set for mDNS Profile default-mdns-profile (tried with this off on foreign, as it's not the same vlan since it's anchored to a dmz controller)

AppleTV lattest greatest (wireless)

Ipad Mini 7.03 (wireless)

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

raun.williams
Level 3
Level 3

Hmm.. I can't even get this to work on the 5508 with out an anchor, same subnet and wlan.

add AirTunes to you mdns profile.  I had the same issue and that allowed my devices to see the apple tv.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve,

Do you know if this is supported via wired only?

Again, same subnet, not anchored currently. Both wireless, airtunes is added.. now, thanks for that.

mdns profile set on interface and in wlan.. peer to peer blocking is disabled.  nothing special on wlan.  Do I need anything on the wired side?

I've attached the mdns debug.. I keep seeing wireless not supported in master-db.

I had this working with the apple tv on wireless.  do you have multicast confiugred and enabled on the WLC?

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont think this is supported

Here is the enhancement what we have

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtr26626

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Just to add

we have to enable GLoab MDNS on the WLC, if we do that then we hit theb elow bug

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCug69382

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

while the clients (ipad mini and appletv) are connected via wireless on ap off of the foreign controller.

//Apple TV should be WIRED on Anchor WLC.

Setup:

w.less ipad client(guest wlan map to mgmt)---AP---Foreign=====Anchor(guest wlan map to vlan10)---switch(Access vlan10)---ATV(wired)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/bonjour/Printer_Services.html#wp1056055

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card