cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI Login CAPWAP accesspoint associated in WLC

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All - How to do CLI Login of CAPWAP Wireless accesspoint that is already associated with a WLC. Though telnet is enabled, when tried login the accesspoint using the IP address of the accesspoint, it prompts for credential, 

default credential "cisco/cisco" or the credential i use for login to WLC doesnt allow me to login the Accesspoint.

Appreciate if you can help me on this 

regards/sairam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

In WLC, select that AP & under credential tab, you can override it. Defined a username, password & enable password & hit apply. Then try to use that newly setup credential for that AP

AP-Credential.JPG

If you like to change credential for all your APs, you can do that under global configuration in wireless tab

AP-Credential-Global.JPG

That should work

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Did you try Cisco/Cisco ?

Rasika

Thanks Rasika - No it doesnt work. Cisco / Cisco fails

Hi

In WLC, select that AP & under credential tab, you can override it. Defined a username, password & enable password & hit apply. Then try to use that newly setup credential for that AP

AP-Credential.JPG

If you like to change credential for all your APs, you can do that under global configuration in wireless tab

AP-Credential-Global.JPG

That should work

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Excellent. It worked. 

Thanks again Rasika. You are great

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: