Views
Helpful
Replies

ClientLink on a FlexConnect AP

Alejandro.Angon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem configuring ClientLink on a FlexConnect local switching AP (3602i), the problem is that I can not see the clients that are using the ClientLink feature when entering the show interface dot11radio 1 lbf rbf command, the AP shows  "Hardware beamforming stats not supported (radioid 0x3B00)" message instead of show the client information. I am using a 2504 Wireless LAN Controller running 7.3.101.0 software version, do you know why is not working properly?

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well you are trying to get that information from the AP correct? Well most of that data isn't really meant to be viewed like that. All info should be viewed from the WLC. Some info is viewable but others are not.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, according to the configuration guide you can see that information through the AP CLI, I have globally enable ClientLink using the config 802.11a | 802.11b beamforming global enable command into the WLC and I can see the ClientLink active status for both networks into WLC and the AP, however I´am not seeing any information about clients using this feature, do you know if  ClientLink is supported on FlexConnect AP?

thanks a lot

Yes it is supported... see the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080b3690b.shtml

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Beam forming isn't something that happens all the time, is my understanding .. Perhaps one of the Cisco guys can chime in ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

You right George. Only OFDM and if your far as hell away from the AP:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Yea that's what I understood.. Just never went deep into the subject personally .. Also this is for legacy devices .. So if you are looking at a 802.11n client expect not to see anything

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.3/configuration/guide/b_wlc-cg_chapter_01001.html#ID606

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/c60rrm.html#wp1283389

Q. What is Beamforming?

A. Beamforming (also called ClientLink) is a spatial-filtering mechanism used at a transmitter to improve the received signal power or signal-to-noise (SNR) ratio at an intended receiver (client). Beamforming uses multiple transmit antennas to focus transmissions in the direction of an 802.11a or 802.11g client, which increases the downlink SNR and the data rate to the client, reduces coverage holes, and enhances overall system performance. Beamforming is supported on Cisco Aironet 1140 and 1250 series access points and works with all existing 802.11a and 802.11g clients. It is disabled by default.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card