Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMX 10 reinstall

Hi,

Does anyone knows steps to reinstall CMX 10.x on MSE 3365 physical appliance? I have issues with my box and want to perform a fresh installation. I haven't seen a detailed guide on Cisco website on how to perform that.

Regards,

Stanslaus. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also do it using the CIMC with the ISO. I had a TAC case with CMX like a year ago and they walked me through it. Don’t really remember the steps but the CIMC allows you to have the KVM access.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jeremy Hutterer
Level 1
Level 1

Create a bootable USB from a Cisco supplied .iso.  Then boot the box from that, I am not aware of any other way to do it.

You can also do it using the CIMC with the ISO. I had a TAC case with CMX like a year ago and they walked me through it. Don’t really remember the steps but the CIMC allows you to have the KVM access.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I did it via CIMC and went successfully.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/8-0/MSE_CMX/8_0_MSE_CAS/8_0_MSE_CAS_chapter_010010.html

Thanks,

Stanslaus.

It’s so much easier that way:) Thanks for posting a link as that will help others whom may want to reinstall.
-Scott

Making a USB drive from the .iso didn't work well for me. Had to get a USB optical.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card