Level 1
Level 1

hi everybody

I have this solutions

Cisco Prime 2.2

WLC 8.3

CMX 10.2 (Locations anf analytics)

I have many branches offices, In the CMX import all the maps and WLC by the PI

In the branches, the maps that import are all the biulding ( 3 floors) but my problem is:

That certain Aps use those CMX licenses and not all Aps that the CMX sees use licenses.
Example. On a floor I have the AP 1,2,3 and 4, we want to put in CMX the AP 1 and 3 and that these APs only consume CMX licenses

Or only one floor will use CMX and the anothers floors dont have.

Will they know if there is any way to differentiate APs or just include any that I need.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

templar1979
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Julio,

did you get an answer or found one for you question ?

Regards

I'm asking a question for this

I have same issue. We have around 300 access points in WLC. However, We want CMX connect license only for 100 access points. Is there anyway to differentiate it?

As far I can remember, quite sometime dont access CMX, it should have a TAB with "Access Points",  where you can Map those Access Points you can manage through CMX.

Is that what you need?

Nope. I am asking about license. Do we need to purchase CMX license for the
all access-points listed in WLC?. or we can purchase only for few
access-points selectively and continue to use CMX on those access-points?

No. That I am sure.

You need a basic license for CMX, you must have already  and for each Access Point you need a L-LS-1AP-N CMX Base license.

This means that you can have granularity on the AP licensing as the licenses if for AP. In your case you need 100 X L-LS-1AP-N and is up to you which AP you are going to add.

MikaelLindgren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Julio!

This answer might be to late. But if you haven't found the solution to this problem yet this is what you want to do to be able to "cherrypick" AP:s for CMX:

First of all, delete all the sites in CMX.
in PI;
Create separate sites for the APs you want to "pair" with the CMX.

You might even want to make a copy of the whole site and then just add "CMX" to the sitename. ex:
"Boston_Branch" -> "Boston_Branch_CMX"

When you have a separate site/building/floor for your intended "CMX AP:s" you then add the AP:s you want to them and then you export them from Prime Infrastructure and import them manually in CMX. 

You can export all the sites in one exportfile or make one export for every "new" site.

The "mistake" is basicly that you have used the import-from-Prime feature (which adds all AP:s that are added/positioned on a map) instead of only importing the APs you want.

Hope this helps someone :)

BR

/Mikael Lindgren
System Technician/Operations manager

Tele2 Business AB Sweden

Best Regards
/Mikael Lindgren
Tele2 Business AB
Umeå, Sweden
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card