Views
Helpful
Replies

CMX issue with Facebook wifi

ms.borikarn.th
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

We've been getting issue with the Connect Experiences feature on CMX (running on version 10.2)

Earlier our guest users cannot using a free wi-fi using fbwifi authentication... it was just redirected to the blank pages on facebook showing errors like 'this page does not exist'

So we had reset the linked FB fanpage on CMX and trued assign a new one, but it was showing error like below 

'Error - Unable to obtain a gateway ID from Facebook. Please check that MSE can reach Facebook and that Facebook's Servers are up, then try again.'

Does anyone had faced the error like this before and how can you solve this?

Update 24-Jul-2018:

Currently the BU Developers is working with Facebook to develop some patch for fix the issue.

the root cause is said to be GDPR policies has been applied on Facebook's side and MAC address (which CMX used for redirecting URL) is not included in the cookies.

Update 14-Aug-2018:

it's confirmed the fixed version is in 10.5 already launched on CCO Download center.
but for the patch of 10.4 (10.4.1-18) , need to get it via TAC channel. I'm downloading the 10.4 patch and check if it's completely solved or not

20 Replies 20

ms.borikarn.th
Level 1
Level 1
it's confirmed the fixed version is in 10.5 already launched on CCO Download center.
but for the patch of 10.4 (10.4.1-18) , need to get it via TAC channel. I'm downloading the 10.4 patch and check if it's completely solved or not

How's you going with the test? Is it fixed in 10.5?

I faced with the same issue in 10.5! :( (Error - Unable to obtain a gateway ID from Facebook.)
Does someone have any information about the patch?

Thanks,

Gyula

hi Guys,

sorry for confusion, we had hit the same on 10.5
turns out that the fixed is only on 10.4.1-18 (need Cisco TAC to provide special image for download)

i had tried on 10.4.1-18, and we can use the FB-Wifi as usual

Hi,

I can confirm this. If you need this feature before official publication you should ask the TAC engineer to share it.

BR,

Gyula

nmc
Level 1
Level 1
The root cause of this issue appears to be that Facebook decided to append a # to the redirect URI in the API OAuth response directly after the "?" which starts the URI query string, this in effect means the client browser will not return any of the URI query variables (including all of the client details) when it makes the request back to CMX to complete the login process.

I initially worked around this using an F5 URL rewrite iRule, however It looks like Cisco has implemented a workaround in 10.5.1, as it is now working again (10.5.0 did not work).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: