Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compressing directory with archive tar command error

Hi

I need to backup an AP IOS to a TFTP server, I use the archive tar /create command according to the cisco documentation and I get an error

ap#archive tar /create tftp:192.168.1.186/c1200-k9w7-mx.122-11.JA3.tar  flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.122-11.JA3

%Error opening  (No such device)

There is an sintax error?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you have a syntax error.  it should be tftp://192.168.1.186

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Stephen

Same result

ap#archive tar /create tftp://192.168.1.186/c1200-k9w7-mx.122-11.JA3.tar  flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.122-11.JA3

and

ap#archive tar /create tftp:/192.168.1.186/c1200-k9w7-mx.122-11.JA3.tar  flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.122-11.JA3

the flash should just be flash: I believe

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hi

Same result

Hi Friends,

I need to copy several files and one folder, but they arentĀ“compressed. I issued the create command, but it didnĀ“t work. Cisco 2651XM - IOS Version 12.4(15)T14. 

Any idea about it?

router#archive tar /create                            
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

router#archive tar ?
/table List files in tar file
/xtract Extract files in tar file

router#archive tar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: