Views
Helpful
Replies

Context Aware licenses difference for MSE 3310

pzpgd1mlf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am getting a hard time in order to understand the real difference between the two types of context aware licenses for the MSE:

1 . AIR-CAS-1KC-K9 -  Context Aware License For 1K Clients and Tags (RSSI based)

2. AIR-CAS-1KT-K9 -  Context Aware License For 1K Tags(RSSI, Chokeponts and TDOA)

For a regular network without any devices with tags such as RFID, I understand I do not need to get the .2, only .1, even though the .1 also is shared with clients at 1K of each. Also, the .2 does not say clients, only tags and advanced features as TDOA. Going through the Q&A it does not clearly says the difference, when to use one or the other.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

basically the KC license will track Wi-Fi clients, interferers, wired devices and Wi-Fi tags based only on the RSSI value.

If you need to track your tags via choke points then you need the KT license. KT is only for the tags

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

thank you, stephen. what exactly is choke points? If I get only the KT license, should I assume I have all that is already included in the KC license?

Choke points cause a tag to beacon and are a way to precisely determine location.

KT licenses ONLY support tags and will not allow you to track client devices.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card