Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Multiple Vlan on Cisco 2504 Controller

okoroji80
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community Members.,

I have a requirement to setup multiple vlans and SSID on Cisco 2504 Controller as follows:

Vlan 10--- Staff

SSID---Staff

Vlan 20---- Management Staff

SSID--MGT

Vlan 30---- Guest/vendors

SSID---GUEST

For security reasons the Guest SSID is expected to go to the internet without being able to reach any of the server inside the internal network. whilst the MGT and Staff SSID can also visit the internet as well as the internal servers on the LAN.

how best can i archive this segmentation.

thanks

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don’t know your experience with Cisco wireless but here is the simple way.
You trunk the vlans to your network, create an acl for your guest vlan on the L3 Interface to block traffic to internal subnet. That is pretty much it.
As far as the controller goes. Here is a doc to reference. You can find more by searching:
WLC multiple SSID
WLC multiple VLANs
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12-3_7_JA/configuration/guide/brsc1237/b37ssid.pdf
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scoott,

i have setup my config as stated in the topology however the Dynamic interfaces associated to the vlans are showing as disabled.

Moreso the Radios are not broacasting their SSID

okoroji80
Level 1
Level 1

The document is focusing on Autonomous AP instead of the controller.

Search google for the following:
Cisco WLC multiple SSID
Cisco WLC multiple vlans
Cisco WLC multiple dynamic interface
Cisco WLC 2504 getting started

You can also search the forum for answers. There are documents and videos on how to do this.
-Scott

i have setup my config as stated in the topology however the Dynamic interfaces associated to the vlans are showing as disabled.

Moreso the Radios are not broacasting their SSID

Post some screenshots so we can actually see what you are referring to.
-Scott

Attached is the Pix with the WLAN Config

NelsonGuedes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You have two solutions:

1 - You can create a L3 VLAN Guest, on your switch and pass on the trunk to the WLC.

Dont forget to pass this vlan in the AP´s switch ports.

2 - You can use one of the WLC ports only for guest and plug in the router(if your ISP router is a professional one and not home based), and request your ISP to use the same WAN link for Guest and configure internal DHCP on the ISP router.

You have to create a dummy or private Vlan for this.

Hope it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card