cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUMA Call Streams?

jvankirk
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me (or point me to a resource) that accurately  describes the various call flows for CUMA? What I'm trying to determine  is this: Can a call from a client (say Cisco Mobile for example) be  started(and continue) on the WiFi wireless network and then seemlessly  handed over to a cellular call as the client walks out of the wireless  range and can a cellular call be handed over to a WiFi wireless client  when the client comes back in range?

If Cisco has a  solution for this scenario, is it just CUMA that is needed or are there  more appliances/software needed.

Thanks!

Jim

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUMA doesn't do anything from a wireless to cellular roaming perspective.  It's predominantly a mobile presence client for Blackberry devices and now iPhone as well.  It might be a part of your overall mobility solution but not what you need for this requirement.  Take a look here here to get you started:

www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/.../at_a_glance_c45-472910.pdf

I've never used this product so I can't give any details on how it performs or what all the requirements are but its called the Cisco Mobile Intelligent Routing Solution.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card