Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom WebAuth Issues "Error Code 1"

smithda1763
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Being experimenting in the Custom Webauth uploads. The main problem I have is my company does not want to issue a username/password to each vistor so we just have a static credentials that change weekly. In the custom webauth this mean error code 1 is issued by the controller "the user is already logged in" Go Figure! All browsers apart from IE ignore this and redirect as normal. IE being the pain it is displays the message but does not redirect. This means the user goes into a constant login loop trying over and over again. But in fact they have already authenitcate and all they need do is browse away from the login.

Does anyone know how I can ignore error code 1 all together. Its funny the built in page doesn't even care about this and when I captured that and uploaded the failed login script stopped working. I guess different error codes are used when using a custom webauth.

Think Cisco need to update the templates anyway for the latest browsers.

Thanks,

Darren

3 Replies 3

Nigel Bowden
Level 2
Level 2

I'm not sure if this would help, but could you use this command to stop the checks for multiple logins and hopefully not generate the error code? From the 7.0 config guide:

"config advanced eap max-login-ignore-identity-response {enable | disable}—When enabled, this command limits the number of devices that can be connected to the controller with the same username. You can log in up to eight times from different devices (PDA, laptop, IP phone, and so on) on the same controller. The default value is enabled."

Thanks Nigel I will give this a try and report back!

Hi Nigel,

I looked into this command and found out from "show advanced eap" command that this is already enabled. I don't think this applies to local net users as I have just tested 9 concurrent connected guest users.

Thanks,

Darren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card