Views
Helpful
Replies

Customized Web-Auth Bundle

greg.murray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to upload a customized web-auth bundle to a WLC 5508 and having some issues.

I have downloaded the web-auth bundle from Cisco and used this as a template to create the web pages.

I seem to recall that there is only a couple of Windows tools that you can use to TAR the file such as TUGZIP and IZARC. Anyway I have tried both and I still cannot get the file to extract. I have tried to strip the file out so that I only send up the login.html page and even this does not work.

I am using a software release 7.0.220.0

The error message I receive when I do a TFTP is

Error extracting webauth files.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have had to use Power Archiver for early 7.0.x code on the 5508. On the newer code, Power Archiver still works (not free) but 7-Zip works.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dave-curnow
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I used 7Zip to tar my files the only other thing I found was to ensure the tar contains login.html, but it looks like you got that covered..

HTH

Dave

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Greg:

I hope you find the answer here:

You can compress the page and image files used for displaying a web authentication login page into a.tar file for download to a controller. These files are known as the

webauth bundle

. The maximum allowed size of the files in their uncompressed state is 1 MB. When the .tar file is downloaded from a local TFTP server, it enters the controller's file system as an untarred file.

Note If you load a webauth bundle with a .tar compression application that is not GNU compliant, the controller cannot extract the files in the bundle and the following error messages appear: "Extracting error" and "TFTP transfer failed." Therefore, we recommend that you use an application that complies with GNU standards, such as PicoZip, to compress the .tar file for the webauth bundle.

Reference: http://tiny.cc/rbqbfw

So double check the size and tarring utility.

Try to use WinRar or 7Zip if the tarring format is the issue.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have had to use Power Archiver for early 7.0.x code on the 5508. On the newer code, Power Archiver still works (not free) but 7-Zip works.

-Scott

7-Zip worked in the end, but there was an issue with the name and file structure in the tar file.

Once I renamed the folder to login_files and placed the correct files in the right location it worked.

Thanks

I always use login.tar to keep things simple in all my installs. Glad you got it working.

-Scott

dave-curnow
Level 1
Level 1

Greg,

I am glad you got it working.

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: