Views
Helpful
Replies

deactivate a AIR-RM1252A module from AIR-LAP1252AG

Edgar Servin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm new in this forum.

I need install a radio AIR-LAP1252AG in a switch PoE. For work with the two modules (2.4 & 5 GHz) I need Enhanced PoE, but I need to work with PoE switches.

Can I connect the Access Point with the Power Supply, configure with WCS, deactivate one radio 5GHz and connect later with PoE?

Edgar Servin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

muratg7777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edgar;

The dual radio 1252 AP requires more power like 20w. So you need PoE+ switch. The 2960S Switches has PoE+ feature.

If one radio was installed the PoE switch would be ok for you.  Deactivate the wireless interface is not a solution because it will still require 20w.

Power adaptor is not included in the box, so you must order it seperatly.

One another hint,  if you need high throughput you must not use PoE because the wireless N ap works more then 100 mbps throughput (depends on the location of ap and distance with the clients). When you use PoE,the network interface is 100 mbps.

When I tested 1141 AP, I see 160 mbps throughput on wireless network, sometimes more throughput can happen.

View solution in original post

You can run both radio modules on 15.4w of power if you upgrade the APs IOS to 12.4(10b)JDA3 or later.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

muratg7777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edgar;

The dual radio 1252 AP requires more power like 20w. So you need PoE+ switch. The 2960S Switches has PoE+ feature.

If one radio was installed the PoE switch would be ok for you.  Deactivate the wireless interface is not a solution because it will still require 20w.

Power adaptor is not included in the box, so you must order it seperatly.

One another hint,  if you need high throughput you must not use PoE because the wireless N ap works more then 100 mbps throughput (depends on the location of ap and distance with the clients). When you use PoE,the network interface is 100 mbps.

When I tested 1141 AP, I see 160 mbps throughput on wireless network, sometimes more throughput can happen.

Thank you Murat for your answer; I will install the radio N with the Power Supply in a Giga Ethernet following your recomendations.

Regards.

You can run both radio modules on 15.4w of power if you upgrade the APs IOS to 12.4(10b)JDA3 or later.

Really? How can I control the power in the AP?

What power?  Transmit power?

Sorry leolaohoo, I had misunderstood the previous message.

Thank you for your support.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card