cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dead AIR-AP352E2R-A-K9?

dkramkowski
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco AP352E2R that appears dead; When powered on, the Ethernet light stays on red, Association status stays on Green, and the Radio Activity stays on Orange. The first time I plug it in, my USB Serial adapter shows no activity. If I unplug it and plug it back in, the RX light on my adapter lights up solid indicating a stream of data, but I don't get anything in either SecureCRT or Hyperterminal with baud rates of 300 up to 115200 and 8-N-1, no flow control or Xon/Xoff. Is there any chance of ressurecting this AP? It's WAY out of warranty, so if fixing it will require opening hte case and doing something on the PCB, I have no problem with that.

Thanks

Dave

5 Replies 5

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Was this AP working before? If yes, then I feel the firmware on the AP is corrupt. In such a case you have to reload the AP image. The following URL has the information on how to reload the AP image.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804e7d5c.html#wp1038660

I have no idea when it last worked. I aquired it from a customer who had it laying around and had no idea what it even was.

The problem is I don't get ANYTHING out of the console port using secure CRT or Hyperterminal. My USB Serial adapter shows that something is being recieved, but nothing appears on screen, so I can't interrupt the boot to attempt the recovery you linked for me. Also, the LED indicators on the ethernet port do not light up when plugged into my switch.

Hi,

The color combinations mentioned by youare vague the first & the last led's indicate firmware failure if red & the middle one is green which indicates send/receive errors.

Please set baud rate to 9600 & none for flow control other options are correct as you'd mentioned in the first post. And use a serial cable directly if possible without the usb/serialadapter.

Check the power supply & try an alternate one if available, try using the rest to factory defaults button on the rear side of the AP.

If it still doesn't come up then it is a hardware issue & i had opened up the case of the AP once but couldn't troubleshoot it & messed it up. So if you are heading that way then then good luck.

That's all for the moment,

From

Karthik Narasimhan

I've tried all you suggested (9600/8/n/1, standard serial, not USB adapter), I can't try another PS because I don't have another, but I took the power injector apart and tested the voltage that the AC adapter was putting out and it was about 48VDC, and it was the same with the AP powered, so I think it's supplying enough current. Also, being a 350 series, there is no mode/reset button on the unit. I'm at a loss, so I think I'm going to give up on it, unless someone has an idea soon.

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

I'll let you know if I hear anything from any of my co-workers on this one.

Sorry I couldn't help you with this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik Narasimhan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card