Views
Helpful
Replies

Dell/HP n band support laptop getting below 72 mbps speed

kamlenegi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me why Dell/HP laptops getting below 72 Mbps speed while connecting b/g/n band. We have deployed Cisco WLC 5508 ver 7.6.130.

All the laptop was getting below 144 Mbps speed in previous wireless setup. client machine has 20 MHz channel width. Is there anything need to do in WLC so that it can be resolved.

Thanks

Kamlesh

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can anyone tell me why Dell/HP laptops getting below 72 Mbps speed while connecting b/g/n band.

802.11 b/g answers all the ticks.  What data rates are enabled on the controllers?  What data rates are the clients connected on?  What is the exact model number of the APs?  What is the exact model numbers of the wireless NIC cards?  What is the APs' uplink speed (100/Full, 1Gbps/Full)?  What happens if the clients connect to 802.11a/n?

We have deployed Cisco WLC 5508 ver 7.6.130.

I'd be considering upgrading the firmware of the controller.  This version is very old.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card