Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dhcp crash ip for ap

i have controller 5508 version  7.0.116.0 and AP 1242

the controller is connected to N7k with 4 fiber cables and configured portchannel from N7k and enable LAG in the controller .

all APs are working fine and register in windows dhcp server by option 43

but the  problem appears in the DHCP Server . I note the presence of crash IPs in the AP dhcp scope when i restarted controller for test or

diable and enable ports for port-channel in the N7k ..

regards ,

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure what you mean by "crash IPs" can you further explain please?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
ā€Ž"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Crash ip meaning ( the IP was used by AP appears as crash IP in the DHCP when the APs power off and power on )

This affects the number of IP reservated for AP scope in the DHCP server .

when all AP is power off and power on , some access points is not registration in the controller because 

threr is no enough ip in the DHCP server.

regards ,

what is the lease time you got on DHCP server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: