Views
Helpful
Replies

differences between AIR-AP1852E-x-K9C and AIR-AP1852E-x-K9

it_enovia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In our business we have 7 AP that are AIR-AP1852E-x-K9C with cisco mobility express image on each one.

We need to add an extra access point; can we buy an AIR-AP1852E-x-K9 or we need an other AIR-AP1852E-x-K9C? what are the differences between C and non C version?

thanks!

Paolo

7 Replies 7

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Model numbers ending in C are, by default, factory-shipped with a Cisco Mobility Express software image., you need to purchase K9C else if you purchase with normal image CAPWAP, you have to convert it to Mobility express.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/1/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide/getg_start.html#task_B167539A1E9D45CBA877C47EBE4D78D2

Hello,

do I understand it right that I can run one AP "AIR-AP1852E-E-K9C"  as Master (Controller AP) and the others can be the normal "AIR-AP1852E-E-K9"?

Thanks!

That is correct. K9C will be Mobility Express Controller (Master) and the rest can be K9 APs. 

Thanks,

CJ

Is there any evidence in official documents that I do not see or understand?

In any case, many thanks for the answer.
That will help me for now!

Do you know if K9C-APs (APs with mobility express software) can also be managed by a controller, e.g. AIR-CT3504-K9, or does the other image have to be installed?

You can convert them on the AP CLI to CAPWAP. Then they work with a WLC, unless they have a really old image, if I remember correctly.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: