cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS problem with Cisco Wireless controller 2500

xcomtest1
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed a Cisco router with a Cisco switch and a Cisco Wireless Controller 2500 with 2 access points at one of our customers.

The router was configured by the ISP and the company that our customer belongs to. The customer also has a server running Windows server 2003 that handles DNS and DHCP.

The router, WLC and 2 AP's are connected to the switch.

I'm experiencing this issue:

When clients are connected to the switch with a direct wired connection they get there IP, Gateway and DNS server from DHCP running on their server. Everything on the clients connected to the switch with a wired connection works normally. They can access the internet and can resolve host names without issue.

When clients are connected through one of the wireless networks being broadcast by the AP's they also get their IP, Gateway and DNS server from the DHCP running on their server. When I do ipconfig /all these clients have the exact same IP configuration as their counterparts connected with a wired connection. They can also access the internet without issue, so DNS works normally for everything related to internet. But the clients connected to the wireless networks can not resolve host names:

I can connect to the server shares like this: \\192.168.1.100\ShareName

But not like this: \\ServerName\ShareName

I don't really know why this problem is occuring. This is not a critical issue for the way they use their network. But I would still like to understand and fix why this is happening.

Thank you for any assistance.

If you need more information I will try to provide it for you.

5 Replies 5

Hi, I've the same issue with my customer that use Cisco WLC 2504. Wich version of firmware did you use?

Have you solved?

Thank you.

Regards

Alessandro

NO one help me why cisco wlc had problem ?may i enABLE BROCASTING FOWRADING???HELP HELP NEED URGENT THANKS

Hi hmtung1731, I've solved enabling Broadcast forwarding globally on the Controller configuration page.

Let me know if this solved also your issue!

Bye

Alessandro

Oh i found the solution in manual wlc 7.0, exactly enable Broadcast forwarding in global controller.

Thank you so much

Brg.

Shoto

Move discussion to the Wireless Community for appropriate exposure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card