cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

does anyone know if a 4400 has a limit on dhcp leases

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

i have a controller that has mutliple dhcp scopes and should in theory give out close to a thousand plus addresses. But i have seen wireless users not getting addresses once the controller has leased about 490 ip adds.  anyone see anything like this or know of any known bugs?  my controller is on 7.XX version.

3 Replies 3

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

If you are on 7.0.98.0, then you could definitely be hitting: CSCth68708 and is resolved in 7.0.98.218.  If you are on 7.0.98.0 I would highly suggest moving on up to the latest release 7.0.230.0, if your infrastructure allows.

If the version is not 7.0.98.0, how have you verified that the WLC is not "handing out" addresses other than the clients not getting one?  Do you have a capture/debug?

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I second David about the bug issue.

This was very common for those on 7.0.98.0 or 6.0.199.0.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

My version is 7.0.220.0.   I do not have a capture (will be doing so), but when I look at the controller stats for dhcp leases, I have never seen it go above 500 leases, although I have several scopes (multiple ssids), and I know we should be giving out more leases.  My lease time-outs for diff. scopes are set for 30 mins, 3 hours , 2 hours etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card