Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade 3600 Capwap AP to Autonomous 3600 AP

Koal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have to prepare an 3600 Capwap AP for autonomous functionality!

The following image was downloaded:

ap3g2-k9w7-tar.152-2.JA

The release notes say:

Site-Survey Only Mode for 3600, 3500, and 1550 Access Points

You can install Cisco IOS Release 15.2(2)JA on Cisco Aironet 3600 and 3500 Series access points and on 1550 series outdoor access points to perform site surveys. This release runs on these access points with limited functionality. You can manually adjust these settings on the site-survey access points:

• Channel on each radio

• Transmit power on each radio

• Enable and disable the radios

• Manually set basic and supported transmit rates

• Enable advertised cell power in beacons to client to enable DTPC for doing active surveys

• Enable and disable SSID broadcast in beacons

• Enable open authentication

My Question is:

Where can i find a instruction for downgrading an AIR-CAP3602i to Autonomous 3600 AP?

Is it complicate to get the AP running, or what do i need for "downgrading"?

thx 4 help

Richard

25 Replies 25

Hi Scott,

thanks for your quick reply,

Thanks & Regards

Sreedhar NC

Hi scott, 

I am facing an issue with telnet login its getting an error that password required none set. I am attaching  the log file kindly go through the config file and revert me how to configure telnet access on cisco switch.

Thanks & Regards

Sreedhar NC

Hi scott,

good evening, I tried to configure the access point in GUI mode and I mapped the 2 ssids to vlan 1 and one ssid I broadcast to radio0 and another ssid has broadcast to radio 1. and I am sending the config file kindly check it the configuration is fine or  any errors are there is this set up will work fine for long time or it will give any issue, but right now its working fine, let me know the configuration is correct or not.

Looks fine. Just remember when you out one SSID in the 2.4ghz only and the other on the 5ghz, the 5ghz doesn't cover as much as the 2.4ghz. Also, the SSID in the 5ghz, all the devices that need to connect to that SSID must support 5ghz. Just keep this in mind when you do some testing. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

HI Scott,

Thanks for your reply, is it possible to connect the  external antennas for 3602I access point.

Thanks & Regards

Sreedhar NC

The 3602i has internal antennas and no option to use external antennas. You would need the 3602e.  The 'i' is for internal antennas and the 'e' is for external antennas. 

-Scott

-Scott

Hi scott,

thanks for your reply but some body has suggested that you can connect the external antenna for the 3602I itself, but I am not sure that its possible so I just asked you for confirmation.

I wish you a happy new year .

Sreedhar

No... They are wrong as it can't be done:)

Happy New Year!

-Scott

-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

You need to download the automous IOS version 15.2 for the 3600.

Koal
Level 1
Level 1

The TFTP method works but i get following error message at the end:

Premature end of tar file

ERROR: Problem extracting files from archive.

archive download: takes 65 seconds

I tried to convert 2600 and 3600 APs (the IOS image is the same) - and i got the same errors.

Before you copy the IOS files across, can you please compare the MD5 hash tags?

I'm suspecting the files you've downloaded are corrupt.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card