Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade 3600 Capwap AP to Autonomous 3600 AP

Koal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have to prepare an 3600 Capwap AP for autonomous functionality!

The following image was downloaded:

ap3g2-k9w7-tar.152-2.JA

The release notes say:

Site-Survey Only Mode for 3600, 3500, and 1550 Access Points

You can install Cisco IOS Release 15.2(2)JA on Cisco Aironet 3600 and 3500 Series access points and on 1550 series outdoor access points to perform site surveys. This release runs on these access points with limited functionality. You can manually adjust these settings on the site-survey access points:

• Channel on each radio

• Transmit power on each radio

• Enable and disable the radios

• Manually set basic and supported transmit rates

• Enable advertised cell power in beacons to client to enable DTPC for doing active surveys

• Enable and disable SSID broadcast in beacons

• Enable open authentication

My Question is:

Where can i find a instruction for downgrading an AIR-CAP3602i to Autonomous 3600 AP?

Is it complicate to get the AP running, or what do i need for "downgrading"?

thx 4 help

Richard

25 Replies 25

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the methos to convert is..

download TFTPd32 from google and install it on ur PC.. point the image that you have downloaded in the TFTP server..

connect  a ethernet cable between ur laptop and AP.. let both be in the same  subnet.. and connect a console cable and get the hyperterminal console  access and issue the command.. make sure you are able to ping the PC and the AP and vice versa!!

AP>en

AP#debug capwap console cli

AP#config t

AP(confg)int gi 0

AP(confg-if)ip addr (same subnet as that of the laptop)

AP(confg-if)end

AP#archieve download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp:///

AP#archieve download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://<10.0.0.5>/ap3g2-k9w7-tar.152-2.JA

you can skip the ip config part if ap getting ip from dhcp.

Hi friends,

kindly help me how to configure  the range in radio setting for cisco aironet 3602I access point in autonomous mode and also let me know what is the max range in autonomous modee for both 2.4GHz and 5ghz.

You can't configure a range as the range is dependent on the TX power, Data Rate and attenuation, along with RSSI and SNR from the recieving device.  

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi scott,

thanks for your reply kindly send me the doc for how to set up the TX power and attenuation.

Sreedhar

The configuration guide for the code your running on the WLC will explain how. Attenuation is the signal loss due to materials like wall construction, etc. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010000110.html

-Scott

-Scott

Hi scot,

Thanks for your quick reply but I am facing an issue of CISCO 3602I access point in autonomous mode.ones I disconnect and reconnect the AP in the network the physically interface is not up and I had assigned the static ip to the BVI interface and I had assigned the default gate way IP like below 

ap#config

ap(config)# interface BVI 1

ap(config-if)#ip address ip snm

ap(config)# ip default gateway ip address

Is this process is right or I need to assign the IP to gigabit ethernet.

kindly help me on this

That is the right interface. See this link on basic autonomous configuration. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/61936/autonomous-ap-and-bridge-basic-configuration-template#Configure_the_BVI_interface

-Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply but why the acess point is rebooting continously 

Because the access point is booting from the lightweight image and not an autonomous image. Issue a show version and look to see what image the ap is booting from.  If the file has K9W7, its autonomous, if it has K9W8, its lightweight. If the so is still lightweight, you need to convert it. 

-Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

thanks for your support its booting from autonomous image only I am sending the log file kindly check it and revert me. The issue is ones I disconnected and reconnect the access point in the network its continuously rebooting and it will take long time to come normal stage kindly help me on this. 

Hi scott,

Thanks for your reply, kindly help me how to configure multi ssids in cisco 3600 access point that map to same vlan.

Thanks & regards

Sreedhar

In autonomous, you have to map a wlan to a different vlan.  You can map multiple ssids to the same vlan.

-Scott

-Scott

Hi scott, 

I tried to map two ssids to vlan1 but its giving an error that vlan1 was already mapped to ssid. kindly send me the link how to configure multiple ssids that should map to same vlan.

Thanks & Regards

Sreedhar NC

Sorry.. I meant you can't map two ssids to the same vlan. 

-Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: