cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%DTLS-3-BAD_RECORD: Erroneous record received from

luceroc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi folks,  I have seen a couple of posts in the forums that are associated to this message but most of them discuss APs not joining or something of that nature. 

My situation is that I get this error "%DTLS-3-BAD_RECORD: Erroneous record received from.......(duplicate replayed record)"  from the logging on my access points even though they are running and connected just fine. I see this on 3502i running on 7.0.98.218 and also on a converted 1200 series AP on the same controller(4404).

I have directed the syslog messages from my access points to my syslog server recently and began noticing many of these in the logs over the past week.  Again, They APs are joined and servicing clients so it seems like a true duplicate packet issue somewhere.  The IP address that is referenced in the logs equates to my AP-MANAGER address. 

Was just hoping that somebody has seen these before and had some guidance but better yet a fix!  

Thanks

1 Reply 1

stephen.ellis2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I don't know if this helps any, but I recently had an issue with APs (AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9) trying to join a 5508 controller and they were exhibiting similar behaviour. The answer to my issue was that there was a duplex mismatch in the middle of the path between AP/Controller. The APs were in remote sites connecting back to the HQ and the connection from the Firewall to the Switch had a duplex mismatch. Cisco TAC confirmed that this would be affecting the DTLS connection between AP & Controller.

It was obviously a strange one hence why I've posted this response.

Thanks

Stephen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card