cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Cisco CleanAir on newly installed vWLC

klopez138
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a recently installed vWLC that has cleanair configured but it has yet to be turned on globally. I want to turn it on but I can't locate in the documentation or online if enabling it is disruptive. Could anyone tell me if enabling/disabling CleanAir disrupts operations.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
it is not impacted and its documented here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/112139-cleanair-uwn-guide-00.html

The SAgE hardware runs in parallel with the Wi-Fi chipset and processes near line rate information.

The Wi-Fi chipset is always on line. SAgE scans are performed once per second. If a Wi-Fi preamble is detected, it is passed through to the chipset directly and is not affected by the parallel SAgE hardware. No packets are lost during SAgE scanning, SAgE is disabled while a Wi-Fi packet is processed through the receiver. SAgE is very fast and accurate. Even in a busy environment, there is more than enough scan time to accurately assess the environment.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
it is not impacted and its documented here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/112139-cleanair-uwn-guide-00.html

The SAgE hardware runs in parallel with the Wi-Fi chipset and processes near line rate information.

The Wi-Fi chipset is always on line. SAgE scans are performed once per second. If a Wi-Fi preamble is detected, it is passed through to the chipset directly and is not affected by the parallel SAgE hardware. No packets are lost during SAgE scanning, SAgE is disabled while a Wi-Fi packet is processed through the receiver. SAgE is very fast and accurate. Even in a busy environment, there is more than enough scan time to accurately assess the environment.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card