Helpful
Replies

Enterprise solution for Mobile phones using Wi-Fi

q-le
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right forum.

We are working in a building where we do not get mobile phone coverage ie cannot get signals at all from our telcos

We recently bought a lot of APs ie AIR-CAP3502I-N-K9 + WLC and start deploys wireless around our building for data.

Just wondering what alternative solutions or software we can use so we can somehow get our users' mobile to work.

Thanks

QL

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

QL,

I can share a few ideas based on my experience. On mobile devices vendors like Cisco have Mobile 8 and Vocera has their connect product. You of course would need the backend servers to suppport each, but certainly an option you could look at from a enterprise solution.

Also, keep in mind your wifi needs to be deisgned for voice grade to support voice.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

QL,

I can share a few ideas based on my experience. On mobile devices vendors like Cisco have Mobile 8 and Vocera has their connect product. You of course would need the backend servers to suppport each, but certainly an option you could look at from a enterprise solution.

Also, keep in mind your wifi needs to be deisgned for voice grade to support voice.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here's some docos for you to read during the night ...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A few more ...

Thanks all for your insight.

will spend this coming weekend to go through these docs.

We are working in a building where we do not get mobile phone coverage ie cannot get signals at all from our telcos

The Future of Hotspots: Making Wi-Fi as Secure and Easy to Use as Cellular

Configuring Mobile Concierge

If I read correctly, Cisco has started implementing 802.11u with the soon-to-be-release WLC firmware code 7.3.X called Mobile Concierge. 

I am not sure about how to get this running but I hope this two links I've posted will get you to work. 

Unfortunately, I am also not sure how mobile phone carriers will like this if mobile phones will go to an Enterprise wifi instead of their own network. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: