Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Creating Message Database

When trying to run WLCCA after installation I receive this error.

Error creating message database. Reload the data base?

I click either Yes or No with the same issue....

Error creating message database. Contact development for steps to reproduce.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Javier Contreras
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas

you can ignore it. I did not include XML DB for the messages on the beta, so the application will create if on the fly

it should only show on first load, then on subsequent runs, the file will be available, no more errors should be displayed

I will include the file on future beta updates

regards

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Javier Contreras
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas

you can ignore it. I did not include XML DB for the messages on the beta, so the application will create if on the fly

it should only show on first load, then on subsequent runs, the file will be available, no more errors should be displayed

I will include the file on future beta updates

regards

Thanks Javier for responding.

The application closes after the second message. I will try the non-beta version.

I have the same issue exactly as described in this thread and can't get the V4 build to run (Win 10 btw). I removed v4 and installed 3.65 which is running just fine. I'll watch for an update--and I really appreciate the tool--thanks for contributing and supporting this.

Thanks

hi

The application has only been tested/supported on win7 (both native and as VM). I got two other reports of win81/win10 having issues, so let me check on this and correct any issues.

regards

Running win7 and seeing the same error.  And as others have reported, clicking yes to the first message just prompts another message to contact the developer and the application closes.  Clicking no to the first messages results in the same behavior.

Running Win7 64bit and I'm seeing the same as well on 408 beta, downgraded to 406 beta got the "Error creating message database. Reload the data base?" prompt on first startup but then continued on just fine. With 408 beta it just prompts and then closes every time.

When I use beta release 4.0.6 it works exactly as Javier stated. I only get this message once and the application continues to run.

When using 4.0.8 I get this message constantly with a second one popping up and closing the application.

casanavep
Level 3
Level 3

Same issue for me on Windows 10 and 7 64-Bit.  The installation does not complete, so rolled back to an old version which works.

hi

Just tested WLCCA 4.0.9 in Windows 10, it is working now.

please make sure you install .Net 3.5 first for win10/8:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443(v=vs.110).aspx

regards

istvan.kelemen1
Level 1
Level 1

Win 8.1 same issue

Javier Contreras
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick

I just published 4.0.9 version, that has the XML DB included.

Please let me know how it goes

regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card