cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to add device to WCS Reason: COMMON-1: Some unexpected internal error has occured. If the problem persists please report to the Tech Support.

jmunoz101
Level 1
Level 1

Folks:

Here is the Situation (not a Jersey Shore Character), Enterprise wise we have a WCS running version 7.0.164.0, and for  some reason one of my controllers was no longer being reported by the WCS.  I tried to re add the controller and to no avail.  I keep getting the following message:

Failed to add device to WCS Reason: COMMON-1: Some unexpected internal error has occurred. If the problem persists please report to the Tech Support. 

I have upgraded the software to 7.0.98 for the actual controller in question and I still get the same error message.  One more thing this controller still has an active map and access points that are on the WCS and are recognized.  Should this also be removed before I attempt to read the controller and then re-add these AP's all over again?

Thanks for any input.

J. M.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

remove the SNMP configuration completely from the wlc and then reconfigured it.. this may help you in re adding the WLC..

That is remove the SNMP trap receivers on the WLC..

lemme know if that helps and lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

remove the SNMP configuration completely from the wlc and then reconfigured it.. this may help you in re adding the WLC..

That is remove the SNMP trap receivers on the WLC..

lemme know if that helps and lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks again for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was my pleasure assisting you!!

have a great day!!

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Here is the bug Id that i am suspecting..

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCti31540

Try the work around and please lemme know if htat worked..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====

Regards
Surendra BG

I am also witness same kind of errors message but for adding Guest User account in WCS.

Is it okay to remove SNMP configuration in WLC then remove WLC from WCS and add again WLC to WCS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: