cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FastLocate and AP Positioning

Jim Blake
Level 1
Level 1

I'm familiar with using PI/CMX with 3702 APs and Halos for Hyperlocation, but there seems to be no documentation on using 2800 APs and Fastlocate.

I'm not sure what positioning info is needed: I expect I will need x/y/z axis positioning within the building, but do I also need to concern myself about azimuth?

Are there any good documents that provide information on this subject...google has let me down so far...

Thanks

Jim

3 Replies 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In Cisco CMX Release 10.4, FastLocate feature is supported on Cisco Aironet 2800/3800 access points running Cisco Release 8.6 or later.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/10-5/cmx_config/b_cg_cmx105/the_cisco_cmx_detect_and_locate_service.html

In regards to AP positioning on the maps, same as the 3700's as accurate as possible, the more accurate the better the results. azimuth doesn't really matter as there is no directional antennas on the 2800 to require to know which way each of them is facing.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

how many minimums AP do you need fastlocate
fastlocate need minimun 3 Ap to tringulation?

Believe the same RTLS requirements apply to not using fast-locate, the difference is that fast-locate I believe will use data frames for the location calculation where as traditional RTLS just used the probes

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card