cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flex-DFS without DBS

steiostb1
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to enable Flex-DFS without enabling DBS? I am not interested in the DBS feature, but would like the FLEX-DFS (Cleanair) to detect radar signals.

We have currently enabled FRA on our APs and are experiencing a lot of radio-channel change due to rader signal detected. I might think that FLEX-DFS would exlude fake detections.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Rich R
VIP
VIP
What APs and what code version are you using?
There is a known problem with the cheaper low-end APs using an inferior chipset which is much more prone to false detection of radar.
Increasing channel width magnifies the problem - 20MHz almost none, 40MHz frequent false detections, 80MHz practically unuseable due to constant false detections. For some AP models Cisco updated the code to reduce the number of false detections but it does not eliminate the problem.Recommended workaround is stick to 20MHz channel width :)
This is the fix they put in for us: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg62039

Thank you for your reply. 

We are using 8.3.150 code (which should not be affected by this bug as its fixed in 8.3.141) and 2802 APs. All APs are running on 20MHz bandwidth. This issues only occur on the redundant XOR-5GHz radio.

Very weird, I suspect another bug if you only see the issue on the XOR radio. I suggest you open a TAC.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: