Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconenct with Web Authentication WLC3500

mhawas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am deploying a guest SSID at remote location in Felxconenct mode , and trying to do L3 webauthentication but clients are not redirecting to the splash web page. WLC is 3500 model with 8.5.131 software / AP model is 38021.

While trying other authentication method (PSK) , the client is able to connect successfully and browse internet as well.

DHCP scope is configured locally on the switch, DNS is google (8.8.8.8)

is there any suggestions ?

6 Replies 6

Hi Rasika,

Thank you for your reply !

I have already seen this guid, in my situation internal web authentication is used (WLC) so i have followed all steps except redirecting to external web server and applying pre authentication ACL. But still the client is not redirected to web authentication page.

Do i have to configure ACL to make it work ?

Regards,

Hawas 

Which IP address has your virtual interface? You should use 192.2.0.1 for example. In no case use 1.1.1.1.

Yes, You have to configure ACL and need to allow on the AP or Flexconnect Group (if you are using it).

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Thanks Patoberli and Ravindran for reply !

virtual interface address is 2.2.2.2 and I don't use ant ACL with Flexconenct.

It works now , the problem was there was an old unmanaged AP (SOHO) broadcasting same SSID.

Don't use the IP 2.2.2.2. Use an IP of the range 192.0.2.0/24. As soon 2.2.2.2 uses HSTS (like 1.1.1.1 does) and the OS of the clients or browsers gets updated, they cannot connect anymore.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: