Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect AVC stats in Prime Infrastructure

dbartwal2015
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am facing an issue in Prime Infrastructure 3.1 and would like your expertise opinion on it.

I have Cisco PI 3.1 installed with WLC 5508 (8.2) and a single SSID in flexconnect mode. 

I have created the Flexconnect group and Flexconnect AVC profile, and am easily able to see the Flexconnect AVC stats in the WLC 5508 but i am not getting the AVC stats in the Prime Infrastructure. 

In order to troubleshoot i have created a demo SSID with central switching and have found that the AVC stats are now visible for this SSID.

Any help on this issue would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Deep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have configured the required flow exporter, pointing to the prime?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/AVC_dg7point5.html#pgfId-50793

Also make sure the firewall ports for the netflow stream are open.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have configured the required flow exporter, pointing to the prime?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/AVC_dg7point5.html#pgfId-50793

Also make sure the firewall ports for the netflow stream are open.

hi patoberli, We have done all the required configuration on the WLC but still no luck. Finally opened a TAC case and below is the TAC response.

Cisco TAC:I have been checking regarding your query and at the moment netflow on flexconnect Aps, meaning locally switched WLANs, is not supported.

Which is why it was not possible for us to see the statistics.

I am not sure whether Cisco TAC does not have the answer to the solution or what.

As in the 8.X train it states that netfow is supported.

Regards,
Deep

In that case, reply to them, pointing to the release notes document, where it shows that it should be supported.

Hi,

I have been looking at this also with the vWLC and 5508. Looks to be in the terminology of AVC and NetFlow.

AVC is not synonymous with NetFlow. So 8.3 for example does work with the AVC elements, IE the veiwing of apps and usage in the WLC, but you cannot export these stats via NetFlow. This is most likely because the APs in flexconnect mode are not caching netflow data as they are lightweight - they are relying on NBAR2 to identify traffic at layer7 and report it back to the controller. They do not send flow data like a router/L3 switch. So there is never any netflow to export. Centrally Switched the taffic hits the controller and is able to be captured with Netflow and hence can be exported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/Flex-7500/Flex_7500_DG.html#pgfId-131717

Look at the section - "How AVC Works"

Hope that helps.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card