Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect SSID

Mohamed.Ashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a lot of branches (DR) connected to HQ through WAN, and there are at least 3 access points in flexconnect mode with  own SSID at every branches , and every this working fine.

when i click on wireless button at my laptop i found all SSID breaches appeared to me, can i specific for every branch to appear one SSID for it.

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Create an AP Group for each location.

Add only the WLAN(s) you need per location to the AP Group for that particular location.

Add APs at each location to relevant AP Group.

View solution in original post

Hi @Mohamed.Ashraf 

As other community members suggested, Create a Separate AP group for each of your branches. Move the Branch APs in to the respective group , Then make SSID and APs as flex-connect, so that only authentication traffic will come to WLC incase of centralized radius environment or PSK based SSID.

Refer : AP Group Cisco WLC

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

aogston
Level 1
Level 1

aogston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  Create an AP group (maybe 1 per location), add the WLAN's you need in that location, and then the AP's in that location.

hi

I need access points at location X advertise one SSID  for this location not all SSIDs at wireless lan controller.

Create an AP Group for each location.

Add only the WLAN(s) you need per location to the AP Group for that particular location.

Add APs at each location to relevant AP Group.

Hi @Mohamed.Ashraf 

As other community members suggested, Create a Separate AP group for each of your branches. Move the Branch APs in to the respective group , Then make SSID and APs as flex-connect, so that only authentication traffic will come to WLC incase of centralized radius environment or PSK based SSID.

Refer : AP Group Cisco WLC

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card