Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect Type Manual

rudimocnik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Can some please explain me what the type means under FlexConnect group > {Group name} > General > FlexConnect AP.

I have several FC groups and I am deploying all the APs in the same way: after joining them to WLC I convert them to FC mode and add them to a FC Group. Why are some of Cloud type and some Manual?

I searched the cisco articles and the only thing I found is:

"The AP provides FlexConnect group name during the join process. The AP could have received this group name either through cloud provisioning or through Cisco WLC configuration. There are various scenarios involved in deciding the final FlexConnect group, when an AP joins and they are listed in the table below. Table at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-3/config-guide/b_cg83/b_cg83_chapter_0101110.html

I have no cloud provisioning. These are IW3702 APs not Meraki.

Besides I have status Manual is this a "new" Admin?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mocnikr,

Manual will not be a new admin user for sure. Please find below link and snap for Type Entry.

Users present under Management --> Local Management User will be having the access based on their role. 

FlexConnect Grouping

AP.JPG

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Mocnikr,

Manual will not be a new admin user for sure. Please find below link and snap for Type Entry.

Users present under Management --> Local Management User will be having the access based on their role. 

FlexConnect Grouping

AP.JPG

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Hi

Let me see if I get this right.

The type field tells me how the FlexConnect Group was configured (provisioned) on the AP. There are two options 1) Cloud and 2) Admin.

On my APs the type says "Manual" so I guess that would the same same as "Admin". Strange thing tho is that some of the APs show "Cloud". I will check on them again and see if there are still some that say Cloud.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card