cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Controller License requirement ???

Muhammad Azhar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

Question regarding the Guest controller ( Ancher controller). ... What license will be required to guest controller ???

Assume i have a LAN controller with a license of 100 AP , and now i am going to plan for guest user  WiFi access as well but with separt Controller.

Will i need guest controller with 100 AP license ???

Your quick response will be helpful for me and if possible please share the URL for reference. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No.  If you are going to anchor the guest you can go with a 12 AP WLC.  no sense wasting money on licensing that will never be used.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

There is no need for any license for anchoring Guest in you network. You can configure you current WLC for the same.

Below is the link for configuration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.1/GAccess_41.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: