cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

guest wireless cisco 2100

hutcha4113
Level 1
Level 1

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am following up on a wireless setup that was implemented by a 3rd party - so my understanding of Cisco Wireless is low.

Current setup - 2 x Cisco 2100 Wireless Controllers, managing 4 Access Points each.  These Access Points are at head office, and at our branch locations.

Guest Access is being provided using the LobbyAdmin account.  Reception creates the account.  We are using the default Cisco Authentication page 1.1.1.1, etc.

Issue - Reception was trained to create the accounts on Controller #1 - it was thought that accounts created on #1, would be accessible anywhere in our network.  What we have found however is that only AP's being managed by Controller #1 will be able to use the Guest ID.  If the AP is on Controller #2 - the Guest ID does not exist.

I am thinking that we are missing something simple in the setup - but is there a way to make the Guest ID's - for lack of a better word - Global?  (Hopefully a simple way as well).

Until we find something, will change the way Reception creates the accounts.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card