Replies

H-REAP can't Management Controller via wireless client

udom_boon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have issue for H-REAP mode.I have environment with
    - AP 1142,
    - Two WLC 5508 100 AP version 7.0.98.0 and config enable management Via Wireless
    - AP and the WLC in the same lan
    - Client Authen PEAP

issue: Wireless client connect to AP mode H-REAP can't Management Controller.but Management other Wireless Controller .I'm test on AP local mode it work

can you help me to explain the issue

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Udom,

Are the clients connecting to the HREAP in Local switching?? If so then this is expected.. the local switching clients cannot acces the WLC..

Lemme know if this answered your question.

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

If the clients connecting to an HREAP AP in local switching mode cannot access the WLC does this mean that the WLC does not get reported information about the HREAP client as well?

To elaborate...

I am working with a Flex 7500 controller. It ONLY works in HREAP mode. The APs are set as local switching. When you look at the client list you get no reported information about the client itself. For instance they all will show up with an IP address of 0.0.0.0 and all show as being either A or B clients (they are getting 54mbps on the client side) and there is not support speed information, connected speeds, RSSI or SNR information on the clients either.

Is this a normal thing to see in this situation as to what you are saying or is there something else going on so that this information is not gathered?

Thanks,

Chris

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

H-REAP can't Management Controller via wireless client
Refer the link below

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/81680-hreap-modes.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card