Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA connection speed (1G or 10G) for 8510 WLC

I am going to connect wireless controller 8510 in site-A to HA-8510 in site-B through dark fiber because of distance limitation (3km).

I need to know the speed of the HA port on 8510 so I can choose the best media converter. I believe it is 1G (10G is too much to carry database and configuration data), however the customer needs confirmation and I have tried to get this information from Cisco.com but I couldn't so if you have a link confirming the speed.

I appreciate if you share with any link from Cisco mentioning this, if there any.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah the Redundancy Port (I assume that's what you mean by HA port) is 1 Gigabit. Please see link above for more info on cross-DC HA Setup.

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

The 8510s have 2 x 10 Gigabit ports but once terminated at the switch you can use 1 Gigabit over the dark fibre and be fine depending on the type of traffic going across the links (number of APs, central switched WLANs etc).

Note: HA SSO Will be trickier to setup over geographically split locations which another user is experiencing right now:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12956376/wlc-ha-failing-across-data-centers

Ah the Redundancy Port (I assume that's what you mean by HA port) is 1 Gigabit. Please see link above for more info on cross-DC HA Setup.

Yes. HA (high availability) port is the redundancy port. If there is any link in Cisco confirms that the port is 1G, would you share it.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: