Helpful
Replies

HA on 5508 and service ports

dnitti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.

Two 5508 WLCs running 7.4.100.60. I had to activate HA

I decided to configure Service ports: following HA conf guide, I used DHCP. That's because static IPs on service ports are often cleared and forgot during switchover. HA went up perfectly; tests were positive: by rebooting the active unit, standby was immediately ready, and so on.

I decided to test maintenance mode: by shutting down the mgt ports of the active unit, the standby one was activated, and the active went into maintenance mode (because it did not reach the standby). This again is correct.

Issue: when the unit is in this status (maintenance), its service port IS NOT reachable! I have to open again its mgt ports: the unit does not change tha maintenance status (and this is fully correct), but becomes reachable through its service port.

This is not enough: the active unit remembers the peer service port address, but the standby one does not.

Moreover, after some time, when I try to contact the latter, I jump on the former (I am always talking of Service ports).

This is really diffcult for me to explain.... Any suggestion?

Thanks

Davide

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: